This is a super easy weeknight meal that is fast; fits in your veggies, carbs and protein in one shot; and is pretty healthy with some minor tweaks! I often like to keep grains and meat separate, so will make this with cauliflower rice instead of brown rice most of the time.
- Skirt or flap steak
- Brown rice (cooked), or substitute cauliflower rice
- Carrots (diced, chopped or sliced)
- Fresh ginger (minced)
- Garlic (minced)
- Onion (diced)
- Toasted sesame oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Cucumber (chopped)
- Cilantro (chiffonade)
- Spicing Your Life Steak Seasoning (with lemon peel)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
*I’m not using quantities because you can really combine however you’d like! Steak should be about 1/3 pound per serving.
- Cut steak into strips and toss with Bragg’s liquid aminos, a generous amount of seasoning and some salt and pepper, let sit and come up to room temperature.
- In a walk or large saute pan, add enough grapeseed oil to coat. Heat over medium heat until oil shimmers, add garlic and ginger and saute for a few minutes. Do not overcook garlic.
- Add carrots and onion, plus some toasted sesame oil
- When onions begin to get translucent, add steak. Stir until all sides of steak strips begin to brown. Add a touch more liquid aminos and continue to stir.
- When steak is nearly cooked to desired temperature (shouldn’t be long for medium rare) add in rice and stir to combine.
- Plate and top with raw cucumber, cilantro chiffonade, and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with a bit more liquid aminos and serve with a squeeze of lime if desired.